Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Edible Afternoon

Today was a good day.

Today I got off early and had an appointment.

A cooking appointment.

With this chicka!


That, my friends, is a lady who shares my love of sweets, especially making them!

She's my baking partner-in-crime.
AND we have the same name.

We spent the better part of yesterday afternoon baking chocoloate chunk brownies and chocolate-dipped strawberries.


I even learned a few new cooking tricks.

Kadi: "Know how to crack an egg with one hand?"
Me: "Ooo...no, but I've always wished I could."
K: "I can!"

And she can.

I tried it, too. And then spent the next few minutes digging out egg shell from the mixture.



I also learned you can only use half of the melted chocolate for dipping strawberries.

The other half you devour with spoons.

Thank you for the wonderful afternoon, Kadi.

It was...
yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment