Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

I heart weekends.


Especially ones I have off. Completely.

Chris and I spent Saturday morning riding around Columbia finishing up work he didn't get to do during the week. I promised him we'd make a day (and a date) of it this weekend.

We had so much fun!

First, I dug out a super-cute but rarely used trench coat and found a pack of Skittles and some Starbursts in the pocket. (Breakfast)

Then while pulling out of the driveway, Chris and I caved and let Sadie come too.



We spent all morning driving out in the middle of nowhere, taking pictures, singing along to Adele, and talking about life and what we wanted for lunch.


Afterwards, we stopped by Dad's office to visit and drop off some lunch leftovers.


Now my dad is one of the coolest men I know. So smart and strong, yet deep down a big teddy bear. I always say I married my daddy, and I'm one lucky girl.


Zoolander Faces


We finally made it home, and Saturday afternoon, I was over the sink finishing up dishes. A monotonous task.

Until Chris came around the corner, guitar in hand.


He sang, propped up on the counter beside me while I washed. It was delightful.


The amazing Saturday was topped off with a visit to my sister, Stephanie, and her husband, Zach's house.

She fed us chicken and dumplings (Zach's grandmother's recipe). We then broke out her new boardgame, Life, around her coffee table while eating birthday cake ice cream.


I conquered, edging Chris, with a total net worth of $2.75 million.

Yes, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment