Thursday, April 1, 2010

An April Fool's Activities


Today was a glorious day. A sunny, work-ending-at-noon, not a cloud in the sky day.

I celebrated in many ways.

1) I spent time with friends here.

And got one of these:



Actually, this one was Kadi's.
I split one that was white cake, buttercream frosting dyed green for Easter, with a little bunny on top.

And then Aunt Martha dropped half of it on the floor.


This photo was actually taken seconds before it fell. Note the red fingernails ID'ing the culprit.

No biggie. The other half was just as delicious!


So continuing with the sunny, working-ending-at-noon day celebration:


2) I set up my hammock.


Heaven in a net, I say.

One book + one blanket + Katie in a hammock = Heaven







Then Chris came home, grabbed a pillow, and sprawled out on the grass below to enjoy the day with me.
We talked and talked and talked until we fell asleep.




View from the hammock

Celebration of the day ended with:
3) A walk around our neighborhood with Sadie.

We let her loose to dive into the creek that runs near our house.
Now, she was in heaven.

HOWEVER

Wet Dog + My Carpet = "Quarantine Time"

Ah, yes, quarantine time. A practice Sadie loathes.

Quarantine time basically includes Sadie, alone in our garage
until she dries, etc. etc. etc.

After about ten minutes of quarantine, I decide to check on the patient to see if she is fit to come inside.

Here's what I found:



Apparently Chris forgot to roll up his car window.

No comments:

Post a Comment