Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Surprises

After a long day at work on my birthday, I walked in the door, ready for sleep.

I saw Chris out of the corner of my eye, leaping from the bed to greet me in the kitchen.

He led me to the fridge and pulled out the lovely-est, pink-est, double-stacked cake I ever saw.

I literally jumped up and down with joy and felt my eyes get a little "misty." (Hey, it was a really long day.)

Chris: "Do you like it?"
Me: "YES! I love it! Thank you!"

{Pause}

M: "Did you really make it yourself?"
C: "Yup."
M: "No help?"
C: "Not even on the letters."

{Pause}


M: "Why is my name spelled wrong?"






C: "Sorry...my hand slipped a bit."

It was the best gift ever. And it was delicious.




Nothing better than sharing a yummy birthday cake with Chris at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment