Friday, January 22, 2010

A New Blog for a New Year

Congrats to me!
I've officially started my blog!

My first post?

My newest adventure...
Packed the car (forgot my shoes!), took the pup to the in-law's (thank you!), and Chris and I were off.

Chris: "Well, where to?"
Me: "I don't know... New York City?"
C: "Um... I was thinking West. But New York it is!"
M: "Well, how far is it?"
C: "Really far. Can you help me drive?"

{Pause}

M: "West is good..."


Now, I know what you're thinking. Uh, Denver is really far too. But St. Louis was the original plan.

Behold. St. Louis:






















Two (freezing) days in the city, one night in a hotel full of rowdy teens, and a fabulous Japanese lunch later, we found ourselves perusing our atlas for other nearby destinations.

The next "nearby" destination?

Denver. Trust me. There's nothing in Kansas, except one creepy gas station straight out of a horror movie.

Think Twister with a boogyman.


So, packed up the car (again),
grabbed some joe from Mickey D's,
and we were off (again)!!!!!


Behold. Denver:




It was the perfect way to start 2010. I even got a souvenir.
A new pair of shoes...






Oh and I did help drive too.



No comments:

Post a Comment